My Neighbor Alice Land Sale Lottery: A Reference Guide
The MNA Land Sale is now open since Saturday, May 8th, and can be reached via our marketplace! The following document will serve as a reference guide for participation in the event. This guide makes the following assumptions:
- You are familiar with the My Neighbor Alice game and the ALICE token
- You are familiar with Chromia and the CHR token
- You have a Metamask wallet and know how to use it
- You have a basic knowledge of NFTs
- You have read through the T&Cs !
- Let’s get started!
The game world of MNA is divided into sections of land called Plots. A certain percentage of the plots in the game world will be made available for ownership to the public. These land plots will exist as NFTs that live on Binance Smart Chain.
The MNA Land Sale is a mechanism whereby users can win the right to purchase a plot of land. This land sale (the very first one ever!) will be selling plots from the region of the game known as Nature’s Rest.
The following is a list of required steps for participation as well as all pertinent information:
- When the land sale lottery portal goes live, users must deposit 20 ALICE tokens in order to register their address. If the user is selected in the land sale lottery, these tokens will be used as a payment for the plot of land. If the user is unlucky and does not win, they may leave these tokens deposited for the next land sale or withdraw them.
- On May 28th, the 14 day ‘staking for tickets’ phase will begin.
- Depositing 20 ALICE tokens will automatically generate 20 tickets per day of staking for the user. In theory, you can win a plot of land simply by staking 20 ALICE. However, staking extra ALICE and/or CHR will generate extra tickets and give you a higher chance of being selected.
- Users receive one additional ticket per 1 ALICE staked, per day. ALICE tokens are staked directly in the land sale dashboard.
- Users receive one additional ticket per 20 CHR staked, per day. CHR tokens are staked through the Chromia staking portal at https://www.chromia.com/staking/. Staking Chromia will also earn you CHR rewards at a rate of 25% APR. Please note that there is a 14 day unstaking period for CHR tokens. Once you deposit CHR tokens to the staking contract, you must submit a withdrawal request and wait a full 336 hours (14 x 24) to withdraw your tokens.
- We also count tokens in LPs:
- At the end of the 14 days staking period, all of the tickets received are entered into a lottery. Addresses can only be selected once — after they win, the remainder of their tickets are removed from the lottery
- Addresses that were selected in Step 6 will be able to redeem the plot of land as NFT for 20 ALICE. At the conclusion of the sale, users that were not selected can choose to leave their ALICE deposited for the next land sale, or withdraw their tokens.
…and that’s all there is to it! To recap:
- The lottery portal will go live today, Saturday May 8th
- Deposits will be available from Wednesday May 26th
- When the staking begins you must deposit 20 ALICE to register the land sale and have a chance to be selected
- You can add additional ALICE and CHR for 14 days to increase your chances of being selected
- After the 14 day staking period, winners are chosen and their 20 ALICE is exchanged for a land plot. Losers get to keep their ALICE.
If you have any questions regarding the use of Chromia’s staking portal, please visit Chromia’s official Telegram channel at https://t.me/hellochromia.
If you have any further questions or need assistance with the land sale portal, please visit the MNA Telegram channel at https://t.me/myneighboralice.
Frequently Asked Questions
Purchasing a new property can be daunting and confusing with information from different sources. The same goes for digital Land Sale purchases. We’ve compiled the most asked questions from our community to help you better understand the land purchasing & lottery process at My Neighbor Alice Land Sale.
Q: When will I be able to make a deposit?
A: From the 26th of May.
Q: When does the staking begin?
A: From the 28th of May.
Q: For how long do I need to stake my tokens?
A: You need to stake minimum 1 day to get 1 ticket.
Q: Which tokens are eligible to stake?
A: ALICE and CHR.
Q: When is the last day to start staking?
A: 26th of May + 14 days = June 10th (before 10:00 UTC.)
Q: Since you can get several lottery tickets, can one user buy more than one plot?
A: Theoretically, yes.
Q: How can you stake 50 ALICE when you are actually staking LP tokens?
A: User has to send 20 ALICE tokens for plot collateral (which will be held should he win the plot, or can be withdrawn otherwise), We will use the sending address and check how many tokens of that addressare in liquidity pools. We can add locking contracts for people that don’t want to be liquidity providers should we see the need.
Q: You mentioned that we need to send 20 ALICE to register for the sale. Will details on that be announced later?
A: You’ll be able to transfer the 20 ALICE from May 26th when the land sale begins.
Q: Can we get bonus tickets for staking longer than 14 days?
A: No, you can get tickets for 14 days only.
Follow up Q: Is it a concern that liquidity pools will empty after the 14 days? Why not allow users to continue accruing tickets for subsequent sales?
We will continue to encourage people to participate in the liquidity pools and design yield farming programs in the near future. We will keep the land sales event separate from yield farming and for the follow-on land sales, we will inform the rules before the actual sales.
Q: Is this game only for rich people, what about the people who really want to play this game. It’s very expensive to buy land, even after a discount.
A: You don’t have to own land to be able to play and enjoy My Neighbor ALICE. 50% of the land will be reserved for rentals and public facilities. So even if you won’t be able to own a piece of land, you could still have fun in the game.
Land can be shared among friends (atm 10, but we plan to increase this limit). This means a cost per capita of less than 20€.
Q: It seems that after a user transfers the 20 ALICE to qualify for registration, they can use their tickets on said plot and the more tickets they use, the more likely they are to win the registration. Is this correct?
A: The tickets are fungible. The lottery gets one winning ticket per each plot. So the plot assignment will be casual. It is not possible to express preference atm.
Q: In terms of “For CHR”, you could stake the tokens in the official staking contract”, you mean the staking on Chromia´s official website?
Q: If I stake CHR and only hold CHR and win the lottery, will you convert my CHR to 20 ALICE to purchase the land or must I hold ALICE?
A: You need to deposit 20 ALICE in order to be able to participate in the lottery.
Follow up Q: Since you can only send the 20 ALICE on May 26, so just staking would be enough to generate tickets?
Yes, staking will be enough to generate tickets.
Q: Where do I buy the land if I win the lottery?
A: On the My Neighbor Alice marketplace website which will be available from May 26th.
Follow up Q: Will winners be granted access to the marketplace website at the same time and just race to buy the land they want?
A: They win a specific — random — land. In the future we plan other sales mechanisms.
Q: Why are you using this kind of model? Why can’t you offer land sales with a fixed amount for anyone to buy like other games have done.
A: We want to make the game accessible. If we had an auction only rich people would be able to buy the land. If we just have low prices there won’t be enough land available for everybody.
Q: When should they send the 20 ALICE to the address?
A: From 26th of May.
Q: What is the correct Uniswap link to the ALICE-ETH pair?
ALICE — BNB in Pancake Swap:
Q: In what form would the ticket be?
Q: What happens when my 50 ALICE in the liquidity pool fluctuates? Does that disqualify me for a ticket?
A: No, we calculate how many ALICE tokens you have at the time of the snapshot in the LP. So you can expect variation from one day to the other but your tokens will be counted.
Q: Do you have a fixed time in UTC on when you take the snapshots?
A: Done. It’s 10:00 AM UTC.
Every 24 hours we check if your tokens are still there for 14 days.
Q: As I am staking CHR for the lottery tickets, and ALICE for the possible land purchase, how do you guys know, I am the same person staking CHR and ALICE? Does it need to be from the same wallet?
A: We will issue tickets for the staking participants, and the receiving address will be the same as the address that participates in the land sales.
Q: If my CHR has just been staked in the site since last year, do I need to restake it on the 26th or do I automatically qualify once I send the 20 ALICE over to signify my intent in joining?
A: You will need to claim the tickets once the land sales are started.
Q: If I win twice in the lottery, do I need to send the 20 ALICE right away? When?
A: You will need to send in the 20 ALICE first before being qualified for the lottery.
Q: What happens to all of the ALICE bought from the land sale? Is it burned?
A: Proportion of the sales revenue from land sales will be contributed to the DAO in the future and that token holders could decide either a buy-back and burn design or to fund community development initiatives.
Q: Can I use LP tokens to farm? Will this affect their ability to get a lottery ticket? Since if LP tokens are in the farming pool, then their balance will not be displayed.